F02 Practice Test with study guide New York Fire Guard for Shelters Exam conducted by the Fire Department of the City of New York (FDNY). Try our free F-02 Practice Test online quiz. You can also download review questions and answers in PDF, it will help your NYC Job Test Prep better.
The Certificate Of Fitness Examination F-02 Fire Guard For Shelter (Citywide), conducted by the Fire Department of the City of New York (FDNY), is a certification exam required for individuals who want to serve as fire safety directors or fireguards in New York City. The purpose of the exam is to ensure that those who serve in these roles have the knowledge and skills necessary to keep building occupants safe in the event of a fire.
F02 Practice Test 2023
To help individuals prepare for the F-02 Fire Guard for Shelter Exam, it is recommended that they take a practice test. A practice test can provide a sense of what to expect on the actual exam, as well as an opportunity to identify areas where additional study may be necessary.
The Fire Guard for Shelter Exam, conducted by the Fire Department of the City of New York (FDNY), covers a range of topics related to fire safety and emergency procedures. Some of the specific areas covered on the exam include:
- Fire Prevention: Candidates are tested on their knowledge of fire prevention and life safety systems, including fire alarms, sprinklers, and standpipe systems.
- Emergency Procedures: Candidates are tested on their understanding of emergency procedures, including evacuation plans, fire drills, and the proper use of fire extinguishers.
- Fire Protection Systems: Candidates are tested on their knowledge of fire protection systems, including standpipe systems, fire alarms, and sprinkler systems.
- Fire Safety Director Duties: Candidates are tested on their understanding of the duties and responsibilities of a fire safety director, including conducting fire drills, conducting emergency response drills, and maintaining fire safety and emergency evacuation plans.
- Fire Codes and Regulations: Candidates are tested on their knowledge of fire codes and regulations, including the New York City Fire Code and the New York City Building Code.
The F02 exam consists of 20 multiple-choice questions you will have 30 minutes to complete the test. The passing score is 70% required to receive certification varies depending on the exam version. The FDNY periodically updates the exam to ensure that it remains relevant and covers the most current information on fire safety and emergency procedures.
Individuals must meet certain requirements. These requirements include:
- Age: Candidates must be at least 18 years old.
- Citizenship: Candidates must be a U.S. citizen or legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Education: Candidates must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Health: Candidates must pass a physical examination to demonstrate that they are physically able to perform the duties of a fire safety director or fireguard.
- Background Check: Candidates must pass a background check to ensure that they do not have a criminal record.
- Training: Candidates must complete a training program approved by the FDNY prior to taking the exam. The training program covers the topics tested on the exam and prepares candidates for the duties and responsibilities of a fire safety director or fireguard.
F-02 Certificate of Fitness
The Fire Guard for Shelter Exam tests an individual’s understanding of fire safety and fire protection systems, as well as their knowledge of emergency procedures, evacuation plans, and fire drills. It also covers topics such as fire prevention and life safety systems, as well as the proper use of fire extinguishers, fire alarms, and sprinkler systems.
Individuals who pass the Exam are granted a certificate by the FDNY, which must be displayed in a prominent location within the building. The certificate is valid for two years, and individuals must renew their certification by taking the exam again.
By requiring individuals to pass the Exam, the FDNY aims to reduce the risk of fire-related injuries and deaths and to ensure that all buildings in New York City are as safe as possible for occupants.
Fire Guard for Shelters Exam Study Guide
There are a number of resources available for individuals looking to take a practice test for the exam. Some of these resources include:
- Online Practice Tests: There are a number of websites that offer online practice tests for the F-02 Fire Guard Exam. These tests often include multiple-choice questions similar to those on the actual exam, and may also provide explanations for each question and answer.
- Study Guides: (download official study guide) Many study guides are available that provide a comprehensive review of the topics covered on the F-02 Fire Guard for Shelter Exam. Some study guides also include practice tests, which can help individuals gauge their level of understanding and identify areas where additional study may be necessary.
- FDNY-Approved Training Programs: Individuals can enroll in FDNY-approved training programs, which typically include a practice test as part of their coursework. These programs provide a comprehensive overview of the topics tested on the F-02 Fire Guard for Shelter Exam and are designed to help individuals prepare for the exam and achieve certification.
Official Page: https://www.nyc.gov/site/fdny/index.page
The Fire Department offers Fire Safety Materials on a wide range of topics. Safety publications are downloadable and printable.
#FDNYSmart Tip Sheets
- Download Tip Sheet on Escape Planning (PDF)
- Download Tip Sheet on Fireproof and Non-Fireproof Buildings (PDF)
- Download Tip Sheet on Place of Public Assembly Safety (PDF)
- Download Tip Sheet on Senior Fire Safety (PDF)
- Download Tip Sheet on Smoke and Carbon Monoxide (CO) Alarms (PDF)
#FDNYSmart Activity Book
Other Fire Safety Literature
- Download Candle Safety Materials (PDF)
- Download Danger of Fireworks Safety Materials (PDF)
- Download Electricity and Plugs Safety Materials (PDF)
- Download FDNY’s Top Seven Fire Safety Rules (PDF)
- Download Fire Extinguishers for Residential Use (PDF)
- Download Fire Safety Materials for Jewish Observances (PDF)
- Download Fire Safety Materials for Senior Citizens (PDF)
- Download Fire Safety Materials for Child Care Centers (PDF)
- Download Fire Safety Materials for Passover Celebration (PDF)
- Download Fire Safety Tips for Families with a Member with Autism (PDF)
- Download Keeping Children Fire Safe Materials (PDF)
- Download Kitchen Cooking Safety Materials (PDF)
- Download Natural Gas Safety Materials (PDF)
- Download Safety Materials on Planning Your Escape (PDF)
- Download Residential Apartment Fire Safety Materials (PDF)
- Download Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarm Fire Safety Materials (PDF)
- Download Smoking Safety Materials (PDF)
- Download Storm Recovery Fire Safety Tips (PDF)
- Download Summer Fire Safety Tips (PDF)
- Download Winter, Holiday and Christmas Fire Safety Materials (PDF)