MBLEx Exam and Study Guide 2021 (Practice Test Prep) Massage & Bodywork Licensing Examination (MBLEx) actual test Quiz help you make your test prep better. You can download free printable MBLEx Study Guide PDF as well as participates in MBLEx Practice Test.
Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards (FSMTB) administrated the Massage & Bodywork Licensing Examination (MBLEx) Examination. Candidates need to know about the eligibility requirements, application procedures and fees, examination schedules, examination content, and scoring.
MBLEx Exam 2021
In the United States, there are currently three examinations (Massage Therapy Exam) that could be taken and one of the popular examinations is Massage & Bodywork Licensing Examination (MBLEx).
The MBLEx is used by state licensing boards as part of their licensing requirements. The FSMTB provides the Massage & Bodywork Licensing Examination (MBLEx), which is only one component of licensure requirements. It is the candidate’s responsibility to meet state licensure requirements. Contact information for state licensing boards is available on fsmtb.org.
|MBLEx||Massage & Bodywork Licensing Examination|
|Test Type||Computer Adaptive Test (CAT)|
|Total Question||100 questions|
|Type of Question||Multiple-Choice|
|Total Test Duration||2 hours|
|Re-take limit||NO limitation (wait 30 days from your last exam date )|
|Result Score status||Results are reported as PASS or FAIL|
|Exam Language||English and Spanish|
|MBLEx application validity||valid for six (6) months|
|Answering Rules||Candidates who DO NOT COMPLETE ALL 100 ITEMS will fail the exam|
|Fee Payment Modes||credit card, certified check, or money order,|
MBLEx Practice Test 2021
Participates in our free MBLEx Practice Test, no registration required. The test is designed to help you to make better MBLEx Exam preparation. More than 500 question answers are given in the form of a Quiz. Each of the following practice tests is consists of 50 multiple type choice questions.
- MBLEx Anatomy and Physiology Practice Test
- MBLEx Pathology Practice Test 1
- MBLEx Pathology Practice Test 2
- MBLEx Kinesiology Practice Test 1
- MBLEx Kinesiology Practice Test 2
- MBLEx Bodywork Modalities Practice Test
- MBLEx Ethics, Boundaries, Laws Practice Test
- MBLEx Benefits and Physiological Effects of Techniques Practice Test
- MBLEx Client Assessment Treatment Planning Practice Test
- MBLEx Guidelines for Professional Practice Test
- MBLEx Practice Test Free PDF 2020
We strongly recommend that you get the MBLEx Exam Candidate Handbook for information. Candidate Handbooks can be downloaded FREE in PDF format. The FSMTB offers the MBLEx in English and Spanish. You will be able to choose your examination language on the MBLEx application.
Examination questions are designed to allow candidates to demonstrate their knowledge of facts and the use of judgment. There are no trick or ambiguous questions. The MBLEx consists of 100 questions and is a fixed-length computer adaptive test (CAT). Each question must be answered in the order presented and must be completed within the allotted time, or it will result in a failed exam.
When you answer a question correctly, the next question has a slightly higher level of difficulty. The difficulty level of the questions presented to the candidate continues to increase until a question is answered incorrectly. Then a slightly easier question is presented. In this way, the exam is customized to your ability level.
The MBLEx is a computer-based test that requires candidates to complete a 100- item multiple-choice examination. An MBLEx candidate’s exam appointment is scheduled for two (2) hours. Of this time, a maximum of five (5) minutes is allotted to the security and
a confidentiality agreement and five (5) minutes to a brief survey.
Candidates who DO NOT COMPLETE ALL 100 ITEMS will fail the exam.
If you are unsuccessful in your exam attempt or missed your exam appointment for any reason, you may reapply. You must wait 30 days from your last exam date to test again. If approved, your 90-day authorization will not begin until 30 days have elapsed. The FSMTB does not limit the number of times a candidate may take the MBLEx; however, a state may impose a limit.
MBLEx Test 2021
∎ Each question must be answered in the order presented
∎ If a question is answered correctly, the next question will be slightly more difficult
∎ If a question is answered incorrectly, the next question will be slightly less difficult
∎ Each candidate must answer enough difficult questions to achieve a score that is at or above the passing standard
∎ Scores will no longer be given, only PASS or FAIL
Exam Content & Question Percentages
- Anatomy & Physiology 11%
- Kinesiology 12%
- Pathology, Contraindications, Areas of Caution, Special Population 14%
- Benefits and Physiological Effects of Techniques that Manipulate Soft Tissue 15%
- Client Assessment Reassessment & Treatment Planning 17%
- Ethics, Boundaries, Laws and Regulations 16%
- Guidelines for Professional Practice 15%
Applying to take the MBLEx
∎ Online application form and $195 application fee
∎ A school transcript is not a requirement to take the MBLEx
∎ Within 5 business days, you will receive your Authorization To Test (ATT)
Authorization To Test (ATT)
∎ Sent by email within 5 business days of submitting your application
∎ You must take the test within 90 days
∎ Confirmation of test date will be emailed to you
Retaking the MBLEx
∎ To retake the MBLEx, you must reapply, including paying $195 fee
∎ You must wait 30 days before retaking your MBLEx
Scope of the MBLEx
∎ There are no trick or ambiguous questions
∎ There may be a small number of questions outside the training of every individual.
∎ This will vary from person to person depending on one’s training.
∎ The number of these questions, however, is not enough to pose a barrier to passing the MBLEx.
∎ Qualified candidates who are adequately prepared should pass the examination.
MBLEx Exam Result
Examination results are reported as PASS or FAIL to indicate a candidate has demonstrated the knowledge required to meet entry-level standards of competence as defined by the profession.
MBLEx results are valid for use in support of an application for licensure to practice massage/bodywork in a regulated jurisdiction. Passing the MBLEx does not result in a certification or credential of any kind.
Determining the Passing Score for the MBLEx
∎ The Modified Angoff Method is used to determine a passing score.
∎ It’s a statistical procedure for establishing the minimum pass level using the judgment of experts.
∎ 100 experts give their opinion on exam questions stating “How likely would a minimally competent practitioner answer this question
correctly”? Each question is rated.
∎ These ratings are averaged across all items and across all experts to determine the passing score
How do I get License?
As said earlier the MBLEx is used by state licensing boards as part of their licensing requirements. Please note that the license to legally practice is issued by state licensing boards, not FSMTB.
Even though you may receive a passing result on the MBLEx, this does NOT mean that you are licensed. You may not represent or advertise that you are licensed until you receive official notification of licensure from the state licensing board in the state in which you wish to practice.
MBLEx Exam Study Guide
A video explaining Computer Adaptive Testing is available on fsmtb.org. [View]
The FSMTB encourages MBLEx candidates to utilize supporting materials from their core education (e.g., textbooks, class notes) to prepare for the MBLEx. In addition, we provide several study resources to facilitate exam preparation.
These resources include the MBLEx Study Guide, MBLEx Check: Online Readiness Assessment, and several informational videos created to prepare MBLEx candidates for the examination experience.
Available videos include:
- What to Expect During Your Exam
- Understanding Exam Security
- Identification Requirements
- Computer Adaptive Testing
The MBLEx Study Guide is the only MBLEx preparatory material that is created by the experts who develop the exam. The Study Guide provides MBLEx study tips, breaks down each of the exam’s content areas, and includes a 100-question practice test.
The MBLEx Check is an online practice exam designed to replicate the MBLEx test experience. It is a great way to see if you are prepared for the MBLEx, and to determine which content areas you might need to focus on before testing.
- PDF Candidate Handbook for information [mblex-handbook-20203.pdf]
- The Official MBLEx Study Guide [mblex study-guide]
- MBLEx Check Online Readiness Assessment [mblex-prep]
Photo Credit and Reference: www.fsmtb.org
Note: You are advised to periodically check official website (www.fsmtb.org) for any changes in FSMTB policies, requirements, or form.
For questions regarding the FSMTB Examination Center, please contact the
MBLEx Service Support Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Federation of State Massage
10801 Mastin Boulevard, Suite 350, Overland Park, Kansas 66210
MBLEx Ofce: 1.866.962.3926 | email@example.com
FSMTB Executive Ofce: 913.681.0380 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Verify with your city or county prior to making an appointment with a massage therapist.
- Alabama Board of Massage Therapy
- Alaska Board of Massage Therapists
- Arizona State Board of Massage Therapy
- Arkansas Department of Health
- California Massage Therapy Council
- Colorado Office of Massage Therapy Licensure
- Connecticut Department of Public Health
- Delaware Board of Massage and Bodywork
- District of Columbia Board of Massage Therapy
- Florida Board of Massage Therapy
- Georgia Board of Massage Therapy
- Hawaii Board of Massage Therapy
- Idaho Board of Massage Therapy
- Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation
- Indiana State Board of Massage Therapy
- Iowa Board of Massage Therapy
- Kentucky Board of Licensure for Massage Therapy
- Louisiana Board of Massage Therapy
- Maine Department of Professional and Financial Regulation
- Maryland State Board of Massage Therapy Examiners
- Massachusetts Board of Registration of Massage Therapy
- Michigan Board of Massage Therapy
- Mississippi State Board of Massage Therapy
- Missouri Board of Therapeutic Massage
- Montana Board of Massage Therapy
- Nebraska Board of Massage Therapy
- Nevada State Board of Massage Therapy
- New Hampshire Advisory Board of Massage Therapists
- New Jersey Board of Massage and Bodywork Therapy
- New Mexico Massage Therapy Board
- New York State Board for Massage Therapy
- North Carolina Board of Massage & Bodywork Therapy
- North Dakota Board of Massage
- Ohio State Medical Board
- Oklahoma State Board of Cosmetology and Barbering
- Oregon Board of Massage Therapists
- Pennsylvania State Board of Massage Therapy
- Junta Examinadora de Terapeutas de Masaje de Puerto Rico
- Rhode Island Department of Health
- South Carolina Board of Massage/Bodywork Therapy
- South Dakota Board of Massage Therapy
- Tennessee Massage Licensure Board
- Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation
- US Virgin Islands Department of Health
- Utah Board of Massage Therapy
- Virginia Board of Nursing
- Washington State Board of Massage
- West Virginia Massage Therapy Licensure Board
- Wisconsin Massage Therapy and Bodywork Therapy Affiliated Credentialing Board