AAPC CPC Exam Practice Test 2023 Study Guide: Try our free American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) Certified Professional Coder (CPC) review questions and answers for free. In addition, you can also download the AAPC CPC Practice Test in PDF for better CPC certification.
A clinical coder—also known as a clinical coding officer, diagnostic coder, medical coder, or nosologist—is a health information professional whose main duties are to analyze clinical statements and assign standard codes using a classification system.
AAPC CPC Exam Practice Test 2023
Test your medical coding knowledge with a sample AAPC CPC Practice Test. These free questions are available for you to familiarize yourself with the type of CPC Exam questions you will encounter on our CPC certification exam. AAPC CPC Exam Practice Test will be updated regularly.
- 10,000 Series CPT Integumentary System Practice Test
- 20000 Series CPT Musculoskeletal System Practice Test
- 30000 CPT Series CPC Practice Test
- 40000 Series CPT Digestive System Practice Test
- 50000 Series CPT Practice Test
- 60000 Series CPT Practice Test
- AAPC CPC Evaluation & Management Practice Test
AAPC CPC Exam 2023
The AAPC, also known as the American Academy of Professional Coders, is a professional association for people working in billing and coding for healthcare in the United States. The aim of AAPC is to provide education and certification to coders working in physician-based settings. AAPC CPC certification is more suitable for professional coding. Professional coding is the type of coding carried out in an outpatient as part of outpatient services.
|Test Name||CPC Exam|
|Purpose||Certified Professional Coder|
|Total Items||100 multiple choice questions|
|Time Limit||4 hours|
|Mode of Test||Online CBT or In-Person|
|Passing Grades||70% or higher is required|
|Calculator||Manual calculators are allowed|
|Fees||One attempt for $349 or $449 for two attempts.|
|Result Release time||7 to 10 business days|
CPC Exam Content
The Certified Professional Coder (CPC®) credential demonstrates expertise in coding medical services and procedures performed by physicians. This includes coding patient symptoms and diagnoses, as well as diagnostic tests.
- 10,000 Series CPT (6 Questions)
- 20,000 Series CPT (6 Questions)
- 30,000 Series CPT (6 Questions)
- 40,000 Series CPT (6 Questions)
- 50,000 Series CPT (6 Questions)
- 60,000 Series CPT (6 Questions)
- Evaluation and Management (6 Questions)
- Anesthesia (4 Questions)
- Radiology (6 Questions)
- Laboratory / Pathology (6 Questions)
- Medicine (6 Questions)
- Medical Terminology (4 Questions)
- Anatomy (4 Questions)
- ICD-10-CM/Diagnosis (5 Questions)
- HCPCS Level II (3 Questions)
- Coding Guidelines (7 Questions)
- Compliance and Regulatory (3 Questions)
- (Note: New Section) Cases (10 Questions)
There are several associations that medical coders in the United States may join, including:
- American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)
- AAPC (formerly American Academy of Professional Coders)
- American Board of Health Care Professionals (ABHCP)
The accredited programs from AHIMA, ABHCP, and AAPC will generally train medical coders at a sufficient level to work in their respective states. Some medical coders elect to be certified by more than one society.
Medical billing and coding had been among the most in-demand professions. In fact, the Bureau of Labor Statistics listed medical coding among the 20 fastest-growing occupations. AAPC notes that “job security factors into quality of life, which is one reason why medical coding is a good career choice.
Medical coding specialists make $27.91 per hour on average, or $58,055 annually, according to AAPC’s Annual Medical Coding Salary Survey. Not only does this wage exceed the median salary of all U.S. occupations, but it also ranges higher, depending on the type and location of the employer and on the coder’s credentials and experience.
Official CPC® Certification Study Guide
AAPC’s Official CPC® Certification Study Guide is designed to help you prepare for the CPC exam. Twenty chapters will provide you with a thorough review of anatomy and medical terminology, ICD-10-CM, HCPCS Level II, and CPT® coding, as well as the appropriate use of modifiers.
This certification exam study guide was developed to help coders and other medical professionals prepare for the certified professional coder exam. It is not an introduction to coding but a review of professional fee coding concepts.
- ISBN: 9781646313594
- ISBN: 9781646314096
- View Link: https://www.aapc.com/training/cpc-study-guide.aspx