CRCST Practice Test 2023 (UPDATED ALL CHAPTERS): Try our Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) certification review questions and answers online quizzes. You can also download practice study materials and CRCST exam practice tests.
IAHCSMM offers the Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) certification, which recognizes individuals who have demonstrated the experience, knowledge, and skills necessary to provide competent service as a Central Service Technician.
CRCST Practice Test 2023
As a Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST), you play a critical role in keeping healthcare facilities running efficiently and safely. As someone who understands the importance of healthcare, I believe that a Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) is an essential part of keeping a healthcare facility safe and efficient.
These technicians maintain medical equipment, instruments, and supplies, making sure they are clean and working properly. Becoming a CRCST requires passing a challenging certification exam. In this article, we will look at what the CRCST practice exam is and how to prepare for it.
CRCST Exam Overview
The CRCST test is a comprehensive exam that assesses your knowledge of central service functions and processes. The test is designed to evaluate your understanding of infection control, sterilization, decontamination, and processing of medical equipment. The exam consists of 150 multiple-choice questions, and you have three hours to complete it. The test is computer-based, and you receive your results immediately after completing the exam.
The CRCST exam will test your proficiency in the following areas:
- Cleaning, Decontamination & Disinfection
- Preparation & Packaging
- Sterilization Process
- Patient Care Equipment
- Sterile Storage & Inventory Management
- Documentation & Record Maintenance
- Customer Relations
Each of the seven knowledge domains listed above is comprised of a series of sub-domains which are explained in further detail in the CRCST Exam Content Outline (updated June 2018).
|Test For||CRCST certification|
|Exam Mode||Only computer-based test|
|Questions types||multiple choice questions|
|Exam Time Limit||3 Hours|
|Certification accredited by||National Accreditation Board (ANAB), and the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA).|
|Application Validity||1 year|
You will be tested on your knowledge of the central service functions, including instrument identification, sorting, and inspection. Additionally, you will be evaluated on your understanding of decontamination and disinfection procedures, sterilization methods, and storage and distribution techniques. The exam also tests your knowledge of medical terminology and the various regulations and guidelines that govern central service operations.
To become a Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST), there are several requirements that you must meet. These requirements vary depending on the certification organization you choose to obtain your CRCST certification from. However, most organizations have similar requirements that include the following:
- High School Diploma or GED: You must have a high school diploma or GED to become a CRCST. Some organizations may also require a college degree or a specific number of college credits.
- Work Experience: You must have work experience in central service or related fields. The amount of required work experience varies depending on the organization you choose to obtain your certification from. Typically, you will need between six months to two years of experience in central service or a related field.
- Training: You must complete a CRCST training program. These training programs can be completed in person or online and typically take anywhere from a few weeks to several months to complete.
- Continuing Education: To maintain your CRCST certification, you must complete continuing education courses. The number of required continuing education hours varies depending on the certification organization.
- Certification Exam: You must pass a certification exam to become a CRCST. The exam covers topics such as cleaning, decontamination, sterilization, and storage and distribution of medical equipment.
Some organizations may have additional requirements, such as a background check or specific immunizations. It is essential to research the specific requirements of the organization you plan to obtain your certification to ensure that you meet all the necessary qualifications.
CRCST Exam Study Guide
The CRCST exam is challenging, but with proper preparation, you can increase your chances of passing. The first step is to purchase study materials such as textbooks, study guides, and online resources. You can also attend seminars and workshops to improve your knowledge of key service features.
One of the most effective ways to prepare for the CRCST certification is to take a practice exam. Practice exams can help you identify your strengths and weaknesses so you can focus your study efforts on the areas where you need to improve. You can find practice exams online or in your study guide.
Self-Study: You may purchase reference materials and choose to study on your own to prepare for the CRCST exam. The CS Technical Manual, 8th Ed (2016) was used for reference in creating the CRCST exam, along with ANSI/AAMI’s ST79 (2017), and AORN’s Guidelines for Perioperative Practice (2019.) You can order these publications through IAHCSMM.org and aornstandards.org.