ServSafe Practice Test 4 (Printable PDF) 40 Questions Answers for Food Handler, ServSafe Manager, Alcohol, and Allergens exam preparation. You can also download printable PDFs.
ServSafe Practice Test 4 (Printable PDF)
|Practice Test Name||ServSafe Practice Test 2021|
|Test Prep for||ServSafe Certificate Exam|
|Type of test||Diagnostic Test Quiz 2014|
|Total Question in the Test||40 questions|
|Question Type||Multiple-Choice Question Answers|
|Printable & Editable PDF||Yes Download link is given below|
ServSafe Diagnostic Test Quiz 2014
Q1. Which group of individuals has a higher risk of foodborne illness?
- A. Teenagers
- B. Elderly people
- C. Women
- D. Vegetarians
Q2. Parasites are commonly associated with
- A. seafood.
- B. eggs.
- C. potatoes.
- D. ready-to-eat food.
Q3. Ciguatera toxin is commonly found in
- A. amberjack.
- B. pollock.
- C. tuna.
- D. cod
Q4. Which is TCS food?
- A. Saltines
- B. Bananas
- C. Baked potato
- D. Coffee
- A. Biological
- B. Physical
- C. Chemical
- D. Microbial
- A. Cook food to minimum internal temperatures
- B. Freeze fish for 36 hours before serving
- C. Exclude staff with jaundice from the operation
- D. Purchase mushrooms from approved, reputable suppliers
Q7. To wash hands correctly, a food handler must first
- A. apply soap.
- B. wet hands and arms.
- C. scrub hands and arms vigorously.
- D. use a single-use paper towel to dry hands.
Q8. What should foodservice operators do to prevent customer illness from Shigella spp.?
- A. Freeze food at temperatures below 0˚
- B. Exclude food handlers diagnosed with jaundice
- C. Purchase shellfish from approved suppliers
- D. Control flies inside and outside the operation
Q9. What must a food handler with a hand-wound do to safely work with food?
- A. Bandage the wound with an impermeable cover and wear a single-use glove
- B. Bandage the wound and avoid contact with food for the rest of the shift
- C. Wash the wound and wear a single-use glove
- D. Apply iodine solution and a permeable bandage
10 What item is considered acceptable work attire for a food handler?
- A. False eyelashes
- B. Nail polish
- C. Plain-band ring
- D. Antimicrobial plastic watch band
Q11. What task requires food handlers to wash their hands before and after doing it?
- A. Taking out garbage
- B. Touching clothing or aprons
- C. Handling raw meat, poultry, or seafood
- D. Using chemicals that might affect food safety
Q12. Which action requires a food handler to change gloves?
- A. The food handler is working with raw seafood at temperatures above 41˚F (5˚C)
- B.The food handler is prepping raw chicken on a yellow cutting board
- C. The food handler has been working with raw ground beef for an hour
- D. The food handler is wearing gloves that have been torn
Q13. How should the temperature of a shipment of cottage cheese be taken when it arrives at an operation?
- A. Use an air probe to check the temperature of the delivery truck
- B. Hold an infrared thermometer to the outside of the case or carton
- C. Place the thermometer stem between shipping boxes for a reading
- D. Place the thermometer stem into an opened container
Q14. When should a shipment of fresh chicken be rejected?
- A. The flesh of the chicken appears moist.
- B. Shellshock identification tags are not attached to the container.
- C. The flesh of the chicken is firm and springs back when touched.
- D. The receiving temperature is 50˚F (10˚C).
Q15. Where should groundfish be stored in a cooler?
- A. Above shellfish
- B. Below ground poultry
- C. Above ready-to-eat food
- D. Below pork roasts
Q16. What is the maximum number of days that ready-to-eat food prepared on-site can be stored if held at 41˚F (5˚C)?
- A. 3 days
- B. 5 days
- C. 7 days
- D. 10 days
Q17. How should a fresh beef roast, fresh halibut, lettuce, and a pan of ground chicken be stored in a cooler in top-to-bottom order?
- A. Lettuce, fresh beef roast, ground chicken, fresh halibut
- B. Lettuce, fresh halibut, fresh beef roast, ground chicken
- C. Fresh halibut, lettuce, ground chicken, fresh beef roast
- D. Fresh halibut, fresh beef roast, ground chicken, lettuce
Q18. What organization requires Material Safety Data Sheets?
- A. Food and Drug Administration
- B. Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- C. Environmental Protection Agency
- D. National Restaurant Association
Q19. What is the minimum internal cooking temperature for green beans that are hot-held for service?
- A. 165˚F (74˚C)
- B. 155˚F (68˚C)
- C. 145˚F (63˚C)
- D. 135˚F (57˚C)
Q20. What food item does the Food and Drug Administration advise against offering on a children’s menu?
- A. Rare cheeseburgers
- B. Egg salad
- C. Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches
- D. Fried shrimp
Q21. TCS food reheated for hot holding must reach what temperature?
- A. 135˚ (57˚C) for 15 seconds
- B. 145˚ (63˚C) for 15 seconds
- C. 155˚ (68˚C) for 15 seconds
- D. 165˚ (74˚C) for 15 seconds
Q22. What method should never be used to thaw food?
- A. Place the item in a cooler
- B. Place the item on a prep counter
- C. Microwave the item
- D. Cook the item
Q23 When partial cooking food to be finished later, what is the maximum cooking time allowed during initial cooking?
- A. 60 minutes
- B. 45 minutes
- C. 30 minutes
- D. 15 minutes
Q24 Food held at 41˚F (5˚C) or lower before being removed from refrigeration can be held without temperature control for up to how many hours?
- A. 2
- B. 4
- C. 6
- D. 8
Q25. Hot TCS food can be held without temperature control for a maximum of
- A. 2 hours.
- B. 4 hours.
- C. 6 hours.
- D. 8 hours.
Q26 Which food may be re-served to customers?
- A. Unused, uncovered condiments
- B. Uneaten bread
- C. Unopened pre-packaged food
- D. Unused whole fruit garnish
Q27 What is the purpose of setting critical limits in a HACCP plan?
- A. To identify potential hazards
- B. To identify where hazards can be eliminated
- C. To reduce hazards to safe levels
- D. To determine if the HACCP plan is working.
Q28 What is the minimum water temperature required when using hot water to sanitize objects?
- A. 171˚F (77˚C)
- B. 173˚F (78˚C)
- C. 176˚F (80˚C)
- D. 179˚F (81˚C)
Q29 What HACCP principle is being practiced when food handlers rewash melons that have surface dirt?
- A. Monitoring
- B. Corrective action
- C. Critical limit
- D. Critical control point
Q30. What is the final step in cleaning and sanitizing a prep table?
- A. Sanitizing the surface
- B. Allowing the surface to air-dry
- C. Washing the surface
- D. Rinsing the surface
Q31. What is the minimum time an iodine sanitizer solution must be in contact with the object being sanitized?
- A. 15 seconds
- B. 30 seconds
- C. 45 seconds
- D. 60 seconds
Q32. If a food-contact surface is in constant use, how often should it be cleaned and sanitized?
- A Every 2 hours
- B Every 4 hours
- C Every 6 hours
- D Every 8 hours
Q33. What is the third step in cleaning and sanitizing items in a three-compartment sink?
- A. Sanitizing
- B. Air-drying
- C. Rinsing
- D. Washing
Q34. What type of thermocouple probe should be used to check the internal temperature of a beef roast?
- A. Air
- B. Surface
- C. Immersion
- D. Penetration
Q35. What food safety practice can prevent cross-contact?
- A. Using only food-grade equipment
- B. Washing, rinsing, and sanitizing utensils before each use
- C. Keeping food frozen until use
- D. Purchasing food from approved, reputable suppliers
Q36. What is the most likely cause of wheezing and hives?
- A. Food allergies
- B. Norovirus
- C. Shigella spp.
- D. Hepatitis A
Q37. What is a basic characteristic of a virus?
- A Destroyed by cooking
- B Grows in food
- C Requires a living host to grow
- D Commonly found in cattle intestines
Q38 Where should staff members eat, drink, smoke, or chew gum?
- A. Where customers eat
- B. In dishwashing areas
- C. Outside the kitchen door
- D. In designated areas
Q39. When can a food handler with a sore throat and a fever return to work with or around food?
- A. The fever is gone for 24 hours.
- B. The sore throat is gone.
- C. A written medical release is provided.
- D. No symptoms are experienced for 24 hours.
Q40. What should a foodservice operator do when responding to a foodborne illness outbreak?
- A. Notify the media
- B. Segregate the product
- C. Close the operation for the day
- D. Ask customers for proof of their symptoms
Download ServSafe Practice Test 4 (Printable PDF)
Charpterwise ServSafe Test [Quiz + PDF]
- Chapter 1- Providing Safe Food
- Chapter 2- Forms of Contamination
- Chapter 3- Personal Hygiene (Safe Food Handler)
- Chapter 4- Flow of Food: An Introduction
- Chapter 5- The Flow of Food: Purchasing, Receiving, and Storage
- Chapter 6- Flow of Food: Preparation
- Chapter 7- Flow of Food: Service
- Chapter 8- Food Safety Management Systems
- Chapter 9- Safe Facilities and Pest Management
- Chapter 10- Cleaning and Sanitizing
ServSafe Practice Test (English)
- ServSafe Practice Test 1 (40 Question)
- ServSafe Practice Test 2 (40 Question)
- ServSafe Practice Test 3 (40 Question)
- ServSafe Practice Test 4 (40 Question)
ServSafe Practice Test Espanol
- ServSafe Practice Test 2020 (Espanol) (SET -1)
- ServSafe Practice Test 2020 (Espanol) (SET -2)
- ServSafe Practice Test 2020 (Espanol) (SET -3)