ASVAB Auto and Shop Practice Test 2021 Questions Answers (PDF): Download Auto and Shop Information Quiz Test for Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery exam and Armed Forces Qualification Test (AFQT) exam preparation online.
Auto and Shop Information (AS) tests aptitude for automotive maintenance and repair and wood and metal shop practices. The test covers several areas commonly included in most high school auto and shop courses such as automotive components, automotive systems, automotive tools, troubleshooting and repair, shop tools, building materials, and building and construction procedures.
Actual Exam Content in AS Part
|Test Type||Number of Question|
|CAT-ASVAB Test||11-items (auto) and 11-items (shop)|
ASVAB Auto and Shop Practice Test 2021
The following ASVAB Auto and Shop Practice Test is only for reference purpose, it’s not an actual exam test questions. You can download our free ASVAB Auto and Shop Information (AS) Practice Question in PDF (printable and editable), this will help you to make better ASVAB Test Prep offline. You can also use these files (PDF, DOC) as worksheets.
|Name of the Test||ASVAB Practice Test|
|ASVAB Stands for||Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery|
|AFQT Stands for||Armed Forces Qualification Test|
|Test Type||Sample Multiple Choice Test|
|Total Questions||25 (twenty-five)|
|Answers and Explanation||Available|
|Printable and Editable PDF||Available|
|Subject Name||Auto and Shop Information (AS)|
|Purpose||Measures knowledge of automotive maintenance and repair, and wood and metal shop practices|
ASVAB Auto and Shop Information Practice Test
1. If you hear a loud clanking noise from the rear of a rear-wheel-drive, front-engine car, you should look for trouble at
- A. the differential or driveshaft.
- B. the transmission.
- C. the engine.
- D. the clutch.
2. If one engine cylinder does not work right, you should check for problems in the
- A. drive train.
- B. pollution controls.
- C. ignition or fuel system.
- D. clutch.
3. If tire pressure gets low, what will happen?
- A. The tire will lose its shape and create extra friction, reducing gas mileage and possibly overheating the tire.
- B. The tire will not absorb energy from the engine.
- C. Vehicle weight will be reduced.
- D. The tire will get better traction on the highway.
4. If an engine with conventional ignition runs rough, what might you adjust on the breaker points, shown as part B of this diagram?
- A. The gap
- B. The timing
- C. Composition
- D. Lubrication
5. One important difference between front-wheel drive and rear-wheel drive is that in front-wheel drive,
- A. the layshaft moves the driveshaft.
- B. the engine must be rotated 180° from the normal position.
- C. the driving wheels also steer.
- D. the rear wheels must also drive.
6. Which is the correct sequence in a four-cycle internal-combustion engine?
- A. Intake, compression, power, rest
- B. Reduction, power, compression, exhaust
- C. Intake, compression, power, exhaust
- D. Exhaust, compression, intake, power
7. If you suspect that not enough gasoline is entering the engine, what might you check first?
- A. Fuel system
- B. Ignition system
- C. Timing belt
- D. Engine control module
8. When a manual transmission is in a “direct-drive” gear, one revolution of the engine produces
- A. two revolutions of the driveshaft.
- B. one revolution of the driveshaft.
- C. one-half revolution of the driveshaft.
- D. two revolutions of the clutch.
9. In the diagram above, the arrows indicate
- A. viscosity.
- B. brake fluid.
- C. pressure.
- D. temperature.
10. What must happen before the starter motor is engaged?
- A. The brakes must be adjusted.
- B. The starter relay must be closed.
- C. The gas tank must be full.
- D. The oil pump must be automatically primed.
11. If the exhaust valve does not open,
- A. the fuel-air mix cannot enter the engine.
- B. the car will not pollute.
- C. the engine will run a bit rough.
- D. burned gas cannot leave the cylinder, and the engine will not run.
12. If the differential ratio is 3 to 1,
- A. one turn of the driveshaft produces three turns of the wheels.
- B. three turns of the jack shaft produce one turn of the wheels.
- C. the ring gear is probably disengaged.
- D. three turns of the driveshaft produce one turn of the wheels.
13. When choosing a slot screwdriver,
- A. use a blade that slips easily into the slot.
- B. make the blade as wide as the screw head.
- C. always use the shortest possible handle.
- D. file out the screw to fit the screwdriver.
14. The tool shown above is a(n)
- A. locking pliers (Vise Grips).
- B. arc-joint pliers (Channel Locks).
- C. monkey wrench.
- D. side-cutting electrician’s pliers.
15. A plywood-cutting blade for a circular saw
- A. has a few big teeth because plywood is so much harder than regular wood.
- B. cannot be used with particle board.
- C. must not be too sharp or else it will burn the wood.
- D. has many small teeth, to reduce splintering.
16. Which of the following is a poor use for a claw hammer?
- A. Pulling nails
- B. Hammering nails
- C. Driving screws
- D. Driving wood chisels
17. The tool shown above is used for
- A. clamping parts for gluing.
- B. tightening large pipe fittings.
- C. pressing a drill into the chuck.
- D. pressing glass into a window sash.
18. It helps to hit a larger chisel with a bigger hammer because the hammer is
- A. heavier.
- B. more massive.
- C. bigger, and therefore less likely to miss the chisel.
- D. slower-moving.
19. Plywood is better than regular wood for a subfloor mainly because
- A. it is more weatherproof.
- B. it is lighter.
- C. it is thinner.
- D. it is stronger.
20. Which tool might replace a hacksaw for some jobs?
- A. A circular saw with a carbide blade
- B. A keyhole saw
- C. A coping saw
- D. An oxyacetylene cutting torch
21. The tool shown above is a
- A. tin snip.
- B. magna-shear.
- C. bolt cutter.
- D. duckbill wrench.
22. Which of these tools does not start to clamp until you turn it?
- A. C-clamp
- B. Locking pliers
- C. Pipe wrench
- D. Vise
23. What is not an advantage of a sharp drill bit?
- A. It creates a smaller amount of chips.
- B. It cuts with less pressure.
- C. It cuts cooler.
- D. It cuts faster.
24. Which of the following would not loosen a frozen nut?
- A. Heating it with a torch
- B. Pounding it with a hammer
- C. Soaking it in penetrating oil
- D. Dousing it in ice water
25. A plumb line makes what kind of angle where it intersects a level line?
- A. Acute
- B. Obtuse
- C. Square
- D. Straight
Download ASVAB Auto and Shop Information Practice Test PDF
|Document Type||Download Link|
|Free Editable Doc File|
|Free Printable PDF File|
- ASVAB General Science Practice Test 2020 (25 MCQs)
- ASVAB Arithmetic Reasoning Practice Test 2020 (30 MCQs)
- ASVAB Word Knowledge Practice Test 2020 (35 MCQs)
- ASVAB Paragraph Comprehension Practice Test 2020 (15 MCQ)
- ASVAB Mathematics Knowledge Practice Test 2020 (25 MCQ)
- ASVAB Electronics Information Practice Test 2020 (20 MCQ)
- ASVAB Auto and Shop Practice Test 2020 (25 MCQ)
- ASVAB Mechanical Comprehension Practice Test 2020 (25 MCQ)